All new resident acceptances are contingent upon completion of a successfully cleared background check. The background check will be initiated at the time of the offer, and the contingency stated in the letter of offer.
Upon matriculation into any of the advanced dental education programs, students must provide
- Copies of D.D.S. or D.M.D. degrees awarded
- Final dental school transcripts (for pending dental degree applicants)
- Copies of diplomas or certificates awarded from advanced dental education and dental specialty programs
- Proof of current Basic Life Support certification
- Copies of all current state dental licenses
- Verification of any malpractice proceedings brought against them (together with all other appropriate documentation)
Students must sign and return
- Letter of offer and Contract
- Florida State Board of Dentistry Residency/Intern Application
Prior to enrollment, all advanced education students are required to have documentation of immunity to measles, mumps, hepatitis B, tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis and rubella, and to have an annual tuberculosis skin test. All advanced education students shall be required to comply with the infection control policies and procedures of the facilities where their rotation occurs.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is federal legislation designed to limit gaps in insurance coverage and to improve the privacy of personal health information. Compliance involves taking a required training course and signing a confidentiality statement agreeing to maintain the confidentiality of patient’s health information prior to starting their program.
Biosafety Annual Training
This training is required annually for all faculty, staff and students who provide patient care or have contact with human blood. If you aren’t sure whether you have to take the training, check with Stephanie Scrambling (Phone: 352-273-7913; Email: email@example.com). All advanced education students are required to complete this training prior to starting their program.