Advanced Education in General Dentistry
Seminole, FL – University Partnership Center
This 12-month Certificate Program is designed to provide advanced clinical and didactic training in disciplines of general dentistry beyond the training received in dental school.
The program is located in a facility at St. Petersburg College in Seminole, Florida that houses 17 operatories and is designed to model the private practice setting. This facility is a satellite clinic for the College of Dentistry. All the clinical disciplines in dentistry are covered. Patient treatment is frequently complex and challenging, with multiple opportunities for experience in dental implants, periodontal surgery, advanced prosthetics, oral surgery, orthodontics, and sedation.
The faculty, which includes specialists from all the dental disciplines and general dentists, provide continuous coverage in the clinic. Seminars, literature reviews, case presentations, and treatment planning seminars are part of the educational program. Practice management is an integral part of the program.
A stipend is available. No tuition is required.
- Program Description
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
To be eligible for admission, applicants must graduate from an American Dental Association (ADA) accredited Dental School.
The AEGD-Seminole Program is NOT designed to prepare Internationally-Educated Dentists to practice dentistry in the U.S.
If you are an Internationally-Educated Dentist interested in becoming licensed to practice dentistry in the U.S. please check out our Internationally-Educated Dentist Programs.
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 is the deadline to apply to this program.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD prior to the deadline.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to include on PASS application:
- Personal statement
- Five Personal Potential Index (PPI)
2. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.