24-month M.S. degree program
The University of Florida College of Dentistry offers a 24-month degree program leading to a Master of Science in Dental Sciences with specialization in Endodontics (Project in Lieu of Thesis option) and a Certificate in Endodontics.
The program emphasizes the didactic, clinical, and research aspects of Endodontics. This is a highly competitive program that receives many applicants each year.
A stipend is available. Tuition is required.
- Program Description
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
Monday, August 3, 2015 is the deadline to apply to this program.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD prior to the deadline.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to include on PASS application:
- Personal statement
- Two Professional Evaluation Form (PEF)
2. Apply directly to the University of Florida Graduate School
Complete the Online Graduate Application⤷.
- Select the “Graduate” option (do NOT select “Professional”).
- Mark “Masters” and “Summer B 2016″ for the term.
- The UF Online Graduate Application requires a non-refundable $30 fee. Instructions about how to submit payment are included at the end of the online application.
3. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Endodontics
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Original official undergraduate school transcripts sent from the institution
Did you attend the University of Florida? If yes, we might be able to get your transcripts for you. Please contact GradAdmissions@dental.ufl.edu.
- Official National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.
- Selected candidates are required to participate in an interview at the College of Dentistry in Gainesville, Florida.
- Applicants who are invited to interview will be notified.
- Interviews for the Endodontics Program will be held during the month of August.
At time of interview, the following documents must be presented to the University of Florida College of Dentistry Office of Admissions staff:
- Original official graduate school transcripts (if applicable)
From any institution of higher learning attended after undergraduate study