Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
36-month certificate program
This three-year Certificate program provides the required educational background for candidates to take the certification examination of the American Board of Oral Pathology. Opportunities are available to pursue a Ph.D. degree in addition to the basic oral pathology training in an interdisciplinary area. The program includes extensive didactic instruction and training in diagnostic pathology as a foundation for other aspects of the curriculum. A firm foundation in histopathology is provided through the surgical pathology service of the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Oncology. In addition to the didactic curriculum, residents are involved in the department’s clinical programs in association with Oral Medicine, Oral Oncology, Diagnostic Radiology and other College of Dentistry clinics. Ample opportunities for patient contact and care are provided.
A stipend is available. No tuition is required.
- Program Description
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
Friday, January 2, 2015 is the deadline to apply to this program.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD prior to the deadline.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to include on PASS application:
- Two Professional Evaluation Form (PEF)
2. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Original official undergraduate school transcripts sent from the institution
- National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.
Contact the Office of Continuing Education⤷ for more information about fellowships and internships.