Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
30-month certificate program
The University of Florida College of Dentistry Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Advanced Education program received initial accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association in February 2013.
The UF graduate OMFR program consists of two and a half years of academic course work, clinical training and research experience, starting July 1st. Successful completion of the OMFR program confers eligibility to challenge the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology examination. This program is designed to educate dentists to become leaders in Radiology and is committed to developing the following qualities in the students: ethics, integrity, scholarship, open-mindedness, sound judgment, the ability to communicate, and to relate to patients. Up to four residents will be accepted each year. Eligible applicants must hold a DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental college in the US or its equivalent from foreign institutions.
UF does not offer a PhD in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology. It is possible to combine Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology training with a PhD in Oral Biology. Contact the Department of Oral Biology for information on the PhD program.
A stipend is available. No tuition is required.*
- Program Description
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 is the deadline to apply to this program.
Interviews with competitive candidates may take place as early as November 2015. Positions in the OMFR program will be filled on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD as early in the application cycle. It’s possible all positions will be filled prior to February 3, 2016.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to include on PASS application:
- Personal statement
- Two Professional Evaluation Form (PEF): one from the dean of the dental school you attended and one from dental school faculty who are acquainted with your work
2. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Original official undergraduate transcripts sent from the institution
- Official National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Students having degrees from institutions not accredited by the American Dental Association will be considered for admission only after it has been determined that their academic backgrounds are equivalent to requirements set forth by the Council on Dental Education. International applicants will not qualify for GME funding support. Tuition and fees will be charged for such applicants. Please contact the program director for further details.
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.
- Selected candidates are required to participate in an interview at the College of Dentistry in Gainesville, Florida.
- Applicants who are invited to interview will be notified.
- Interviews for the Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Program will be conducted as early as November 2015. Interviews will continue as needed until the class is filled.