25-month certificate program (Gainesville or Naples)
This 25-month Advanced Education Program is designed to prepare dentists for the diverse specialty practice of pediatric dentistry and to qualify them for certification by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Didactic instruction and clinical training develop skills necessary to comprehensively care for the dental needs of both the normal child and the physically, mentally, and emotionally handicapped child. This program is highly competitive, receiving many applicants each year.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must graduate from an American Dental Association (ADA) or Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) accredited Dental School. In addition, applicants must be a United States citizen or a Permanent US Resident.
A stipend is available. No tuition is required.
- Program Description (Gainesville)
- Program Description (Naples)
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
Thursday, September 15, 2016 is the deadline to apply to this program.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD prior to the deadline.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to forward to PASS:
- Personal statement
- Two Professional Evaluation Form (PEF)
2. Register for the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program
All program applicants must register with the Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program⤷.
3. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Pediatrics
P.O. Box 100402
1395 Center Drive, D3-5
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Official National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
- Digital Photo
Email your photograph to the admissions office. Send the file in JPEG format and make sure your photo is not smaller than 400 x 400 pixels and not larger than 1200 x 1200 pixels. Photos should show you from the shoulders up, directly facing the camera. See examples of correct and incorrect photos⤷
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.
Applying to Both Pedo Programs
Applicants who apply to Pediatric Dentistry programs in both Gainesville and Naples will be eligible for one interview invitation only. Invitations for interviews are offered at the discretion of the program director. Applicants applying to both programs will not be able to select the location at which they are interviewed.
- Applicants who are invited to interview will be notified.
- Interviews for the Pediatric Dentistry (Gainesville, FL) Program will be held on November 18th and 21st.
- Interviews for the Pediatric Dentistry (Naples, FL) Program will be held on November 4th.