36-month M.S. program with optional certificate
The University of Florida College of Dentistry offers two programs in Prosthodontics:
- A 36-month degree program leading to a Master of Science in Dental Sciences with specialization in Prosthodontics (Project in Lieu of Thesis option) is designed to satisfy the educational requirements of the American Board of Prosthodontics in fixed, removable, maxillofacial, and implant prosthodontics.
- A 36-month degree program leading to a Master of Science in Dental Sciences (Thesis option) with specialization in Prosthodontics and a Certificate in Prosthodontics
An interdisciplinary approach is used to facilitate the diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment of patients. A thorough didactic education is provided through related courses offered by the University of Florida and by seminars and electives.
A stipend is available. Tuition is required.
- Program Description
- Department website⤷
- Tuition, Fees & Stipends⤷
- Financial aid information
- Matriculant Requirements
Friday, August 1, 2014 is the deadline to apply to this program.
We strongly encourage all applicants to have complete applications on file with PASS and UFCD prior to the deadline.
1. Apply to PASS
All program applicants must apply through PASS (Postdoctoral Application Support Service), which is sponsored by the American Association of Dental Schools (www.adea.org⤷). PASS is an application clearinghouse that provides uniform information to participating programs while relieving applicants of the burden of completing multiple individual applications. The PASS website opens for application in late spring/early summer. Participation in the PASS program is mandatory. We advise applicants to apply as early as possible.
For an application and instructions, please contact:
Additional documentation to include on PASS application:
- Personal statement
- Two Professional Evaluation Form (PEF)
2. Apply directly to the University of Florida Graduate School
Complete the Online Graduate Application⤷.
- Select the “Graduate” option (do NOT select “Professional”)
- Mark “Masters” and “Summer B 2015″ for the term
- The UF Online Graduate Application requires a non-refundable $30 fee
3. Send the following materials to UF College of Dentistry
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida College of Dentistry/Prosthdontics
P.O. Box 100402
Gainesville FL 32610-0402
- Original official undergraduate school transcripts sent from the institution
- National Boards Part I and II scores
Scores must be reported directly to UFCD. Request your scores from:
Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations⤷
211 East Chicago Ave., #1846
Chicago, IL 60611
800-621-8099 ext 465
Application Status Updates
- The Office of Admissions will work hard to process your complete PASS application in a timely manner. Please be aware that it can take up to four weeks.
- Within two weeks of receiving your complete PASS application, the Office of Admissions will send you a confirmation via email.
- After processing your complete PASS application, which can take an additional two weeks, the Office of Admissions will send you an email outlining your current application status and any remaining actions you need to take in order to complete your application.
- Complete applications will be forwarded to the program director on a rolling basis.
- Applicants with incomplete applications will not be eligible for admission.
Fellowship and Internship Opportunities
Contact the Office of Continuing Education⤷ for more information about fellowships and internships.