Financial Aid Award Notice
Financial Aid Awards for Federal Loans
- Federal loan disbursements will be made in the fall, spring and summer. Keep in mind that disbursements are made based on the UF undergraduate academic calendar, not the UFCD calendar!
- Entering D.M.D. students are notified of their financial aid with a predicted award notice in May and an actual award notice sent via email in late July. All other students will receive a Notification of Financial Aid Award during the summer.
- Upon receiving your Award Notice, if you wish to receive Federal-Direct Loans, you must go to Integrated Student Information System (ISIS)⤷ to confirm.
- Before you can receive your funds, you will need to complete the checklist of items outlined in your award notice.
Financial Aid Awards for UFCD and HRSA SDS Scholarships
- UFCD scholarship awards will be disbursed in the spring semester. After the awards are made, an award notice/letter will be e-mailed to the student.
- Award notices let you know the amount of financial aid eligibility and the steps required for obtaining the awarded funds. It is imperative that you read and understand everything contained within the award notice.
Award Notice Checklist
First-time Borrower Entrance Counseling
Before loans can be disbursed, first-time Federal Direct Loan borrowers must complete entrance counseling. Entrance counseling for Federal Direct Loans is completed at studentloans.com⤷. A link will be provided to students on their award status page if counseling has not been completed.
Federal Direct Stafford Loan Acceptance
- Stafford Loan borrowers must “accept” each term’s award on ISIS before their funds can be released. Go to Integrated Student Information System (ISIS)⤷ > Financial Aid > Awards & Disbursements. Complete this requirement as soon as possible to ensure that your funds are disbursed at the beginning of the appropriate term.
- Students may also reduce or cancel Direct Stafford Loans on ISIS. If you are sure you don’t want to receive a loan, please cancel it.
Federal Direct Stafford Loan and PLUS Loan Master Promissory Notes
- Previous Direct Stafford Loan borrowers should already have a Master Promissory Note (MPN) on file. New borrowers who do not have an MPN on file must sign a Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov⤷ to complete one.
Federal Direct Loan Processing
- Before your Federal Direct Loan can be disbursed, your loan data must be transmitted to the Federal Department of Education (DOE) for approval. This process takes about six working days after UF awards you a Direct Loan. Once your loan is approved, DOE will mail you a disclosure notice. Your loan can be disbursed after the loan is approved and you have met all other requirements for disbursement.
UF Long-Term Loan Promissory Notes
- Borrowers of a UF Long-Term Loan will receive a promissory note by mail from the University Bursar. Promissory notes must be signed and returned to S-113 Criser Hall before the loans can be disbursed.
When do you get your money? Read about disbursement of financial aid funds.