Submit a collage JPEG or PNG file of the front, back, and incisal view of your finished soap incisor by Monday, July 22, 2019, at 8am ET.
Reminder of Phase 1 Instructions: Carve & Submit Image
Follow the instructions in the video tutorial: Tooth Carving 101 – A How-to Guide. Dr. Sandow created an introductory video (accessible closed captioning subtitles available) with additional guidance for factors to keep in mind while you work on your soap incisor.
- Print the Soap Carving Handout in order to follow the steps outlined in the video tutorial. The handout provides sizing based on dimensions when the handout is printed to actual size, and these dimensions are available to give an idea of the proportions of the finished incisor.
- Use a bar of white soap and a knife to carve the incisor
- Here is a reasonably-priced dental lab plaster knife to give you an idea. *NOTE: this specific knife is only a suggestion and is not required to complete the exercise.
- Take your time – most successful students have practiced on as many as 8-10 bars of soap before creating a soap incisor worthy of submitting
- Submit a collage JPEG or PNG file of the front, back, and incisal view of your finished soap incisor by Monday, July 22, 2019, at 8am ET. Instructions to submit will be provided at a later date.
View full Soap Carving Assignment post on your Accepted Students Webpage.