Visit UF Health Shands Volunteer Services for information about the next volunteer application cycle.
Volunteering in the Student Dental Clinics and Specialty Clinics is one way to learn more about dentistry and dental education at UF College of Dentistry. To find out more about recommendations for dental experience prior to entering dental school be sure to view Becoming a Competitive Applicant.
Summer 2023 Pre-Dental Volunteer Opportunity in Collier County, FL
Are you a pre-dental student who will be living in the Naples/Collier County area over the summer? The UFCD Department of Community Dentistry holds dental community outreach programs for children at high-risk for tooth decay in Collier County and is looking for volunteers to assist with program activities. Potential responsibilities include:
- Assisting with setting up portable dental equipment in community settings
- Dental charting for clinical staff
- Providing oral health education for children
- Chairside assisting with preventive dental procedures
- You will need to complete a background check and health assessment through our department, along with HIPAA and Blood Borne Pathogens online training.
- You must be available a minimum 20 hours a week.
- You must have the ability to drive yourself to program sites.
- Previous experience with dental charting and/or chairside assisting is preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Dr. Olga Ensz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.