Observe UF College of Dentistry Application Timeline
Deadline November 1st – Applicants must submit all of the following materials to the UF College of Dentistry (UFCD) through the ADEA AADSAS by November 1st:
- Verified ADEA AADSAS Application as specified by ADEA guidelines
- DAT Scores
- Request your official DAT scores to be sent from the ADA to your ADEA AADSAS Application or upload your unofficial DAT score report to Documents within your ADEA AADSAS application.
- At least 3 Letters of Evaluation or 1 Committee Letter
All applications, including those that are incomplete will be released for review as-is after the November 1st, deadline. UF College of Dentistry does not guarantee an application will be considered if the DAT or Letters of Evaluation requirement is not met by the deadline.
Target Date September 1st – Historically, the most successful applicants submit the verified ADEA AADSAS application, DAT scores and all letters of evaluation by September 1st to UFCD.
- ADEA has a video to motivate you: Apply Early to Dental School: You Can Do It!
Apply Through ADEA AADSAS
The Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) is a centralized application service that simplifies the application process by providing one standard dental school application for ADEA AADSAS-participating dental schools. Individuals applying through ADEA AADSAS complete one application which is sent to all dental schools designated by the applicant.
The application cycle opens in mid-May each year and the deadline to submit an ADEA AADSAS application for UFCD is November 1st. However, it is very important to apply early in the cycle. We consistently receive over half of our total applications by the end of July.
ADEA AADSAS provides a wealth of information about how to successfully fill-out, submit, and complete an application.
- ADEA AADSAS
- Starting Your Application
- Submitting Your Application
- Managing Your Application
- ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistant Program
- ADEA AADSAS Applicant Portal
Respond to Your Emails
UFCD Office of Admissions will send you an email to notify you when your application from ADEA AADSAS has been received. Pay close attention to this email. You may be asked for additional information. Be sure to check your junk and spam folders.
If your application is incomplete, you will receive an email with information on what is lacking on your application. Please submit any outstanding documentation as quickly as possible.
Remember, it can take 4-6 weeks for ADEA AADSAS to process your application and submit it to us. Don’t expect to receive an email from us immediately after you click submit on ADEA AADSAS.
Requests to submit supplemental applications and invitations for interview are emailed to applicants. Not every applicant will be invited to complete a supplemental application. Select candidates will be invited for an interview with the admissions committee. An interview is required to be eligible for admission. Check and double check your junk and spam folders!
Check your status on ADEA AADSAS
UFCD Office of Admissions works hard to keep your application status up-to-date on the ADEA AADSAS applicant portal. Please check your status there before contacting with questions.
What does my ADEA AADSAS status mean for my UFCD application?
- None: Your ADEA AADSAS application has not yet been verified. You may still need to provide information to ADEA AADSAS. Your application is not in the review process.
- Received/Under Review: We have begun to initially process your application. You’re waiting on UFCD Office of Admissions; your application is in the review process.
- Received/Waiting Additional Information: Your application is incomplete. UFCD Office of Admissions is waiting on you; your application will NOT move forward in the review process. This means you have been sent an email detailing that you still need to submit LOEs, DAT scores, citizenship/visa information, supplemental application materials, etc.
- Invited for Interview: An email with an interview invitation has been sent to you. Be sure to respond to this email!
- Received/Application Complete: You have completed all the steps in the application process (including an interview) and are awaiting an official decision from the admissions committee. You’re waiting on UFCD Office of Admissions again.
Complete the FAFSA
Students who will begin dental school in August 2023 are strongly encouraged to apply for Financial Aid during the application cycle. To apply for Financial Aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/ which opens on October 1, 2022. To receive the best financial aid offer, complete the FAFSA as early as possible. In order for UF Student Financial Aid and Scholarships to consider you for a financial aid package, you must be a degree-seeking, admitted student. All UFCD students should apply each and every year; financial aid is not renewed automatically. The FAFSA allows applicants to list up to 10 schools and the UF federal school code is 001535.