Complete all 3 steps before confirming your interview
1. Watch the Conduct Disclosure video.
- Email with any questions regarding the video prior to your interview.
2. Complete the Conduct Disclosure for Interviewees and upload to ADEA AADSAS
- Upload your completed and signed “Conduct Disclosure for Interviewees” by going to the Program Materials on your ADEA AADSAS application and selecting UF College of Dentistry. Within the Documents tab scroll down to Optional Documents. Under Other upload your pdf to “Other – Conduct Disclosure for Interviewees”.
- Email once your pdf has been successfully uploaded as well with any questions regarding the Conduct Disclosure prior to arriving for your interview.
3. Fill out the requested Virtual Zoom Background Information below:
- After all three required steps (watch video, upload conduct form, Zoom background information) are completed, confirm your interview appointment by email within THREE days of invitation. Be sure to reference the interview invitation email for your specific interview date and time.
- If you wish to decline the invitation to interview, please send an email requesting to withdraw your application and your status on ADEA AADSAS will change to “Withdrew Before Action.”
- Please note: Your Zoom link to access your interview session will not be sent until all required steps and confirmation email are received.
What to Expect for Your Interview Session
The UF College of Dentistry DMD Interview Session is conducted over 1-2 days. All times are Eastern.
- 10:15 AM Check-in to Zoom
- Staff from the Office of Admissions will welcome you and confirm that your audio and video are working properly with Zoom. Plan to smile for a quick screenshot photo.
- 11:00 AM UFCD Presentation by Faculty and Staff
- 12:00 PM Q&A Session with Faculty and Students
- 1:15 PM – 4:30PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. If your interview is scheduled after 1:30 PM, you are not required to remain in the Zoom session while you wait for your interview. Plan accordingly so that you return to the Zoom session 20 minutes prior to your interview.
- 8:30AM -12:30PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. Plan accordingly so that you join the Zoom session 20 minutes prior to your interview.
Your Admissions Committee interview is one interview with 2-3 members of the Admissions Committee that will last approximately 20-30 minutes. You will use the same Zoom link for all activities during the Interview Session and your scheduled activities end with the conclusion of your interview.
Recording is prohibited. DMD interviews MAY NOT be recorded by either the UF College of Dentistry or by interviewees. Since all parties have not agreed, Florida law prohibits applicants from recording their interview or any associated presentations.
Before Your Interview
Check your email. A couple days prior to your interview session, we will send the Zoom link to you.
Additionally, we will provide a personalized virtual background for you to use throughout the entire Interview Session. Have the background ready to go before the “Check-in to Zoom” at 10:15 AM. A green screen may be necessary for the virtual background to work with Zoom, depending on your computer and webcam capabilities. Some applicants have found success with an inexpensive green, plastic table covering that can be purchased at a dollar store and used as a backdrop behind you. If you are still unable to utilize the virtual background that we provide, sit in front of a blank wall during the interview to minimize distractions.
Try a test with Zoom. We know this may be your first experience with Zoom and you might find the answers you need in the Zoom Help Center. They even may have the technical answers you need in order to ensure your Zoom is set up prior to the interview. It is your responsibility to confirm appropriate connectivity for the interview.
Don’t stress! We’re here to help you. Call or email with any questions.
After Your Interview
Don’t worry, contrary to ADEA AADSAS Interview Flyer, you only need to contact the admissions office if you have any questions. Also, be on the look out for an email invite to another online Q&A session.
We will release admissions decisions on or after Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Please keep your contact information updated on ADEA AADSAS.
Virtual Events for Interviewees
Information and dates will be provided
In-Person Tours for Interviewees
Information and dates will be provided
Insider Info for Interviewees
Here are some details about what UF College of Dentistry has to offer you.
- Admissions Outreach Ambassadors have prepared a “Day in the Life of a Dental Student Video” to showcase student life at UF College of Dentistry
- “Managing Your Money Video” by Dr. Larry Cook
- Video Tour
- ADEA AADSAS Interview Do’s and Don’ts Flyer
- Military Scholarships
- D.M.D. Program Highlights
- Cost of Attendance
- Office of Research – Research Opportunities Brochure & Info Card
- Why UF College of Dentistry?
About City of Gainesville & University of Florida
Here are a few links you might find helpful.
UF College of Dentistry Office of Admissions
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET