The UF College of Dentistry Admissions Committee is pleased to invite you for a live video interview as the next step in the application process. You must confirm your interview appointment by email within three days of invitation. Be sure to reference the interview invitation email for your specific interview date and time.
If you wish to decline the invitation to interview, please send an email requesting to withdraw your application and your status on ADEA AADSAS will change to “Withdrew Before Action.”
What to Expect for Your Interview Session
The UF College of Dentistry DMD Interview Session is conducted over 1-2 days. All times are Eastern.
- 10:30 AM Check-in to Zoom
- Staff from the Office of Admissions will welcome you and confirm that your audio and video are working properly with Zoom. Plan to smile for a quick screenshot photo.
- 11:00 AM UFCD Presentation by Faculty and Staff
- 12:00 PM Q&A Session with Faculty and Students
- 1:15 PM – 4:30PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. If your interview is scheduled after 1:30 PM, you are not required to remain in the Zoom session while you wait for your interview. Plan accordingly so that you return to the Zoom session 20 minutes prior to your interview.
- 8:30AM -12:30PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. Plan accordingly so that you join the Zoom session 20 minutes prior to your interview.
Your Admissions Committee interview is one interview with 2-3 members of the Admissions Committee that will last approximately 20-30 minutes. You will use the same Zoom link for all activities during the Interview Session and your scheduled activities end with the conclusion of your interview.
Recording is prohibited. DMD interviews MAY NOT be recorded by either the UF College of Dentistry or by interviewees. Since all parties have not agreed, Florida law prohibits applicants from recording their interview or any associated presentations.
Before Your Interview
Check your email. A couple days prior to your interview session, we will send the Zoom link to you.
Additionally, we will provide a personalized virtual background for you to use throughout the entire Interview Session. Have the background ready to go before the “Check-in to Zoom” at 10:30 AM. A green screen may be necessary for the virtual background to work with Zoom, depending on your computer and webcam capabilities. Some applicants have found success with an inexpensive green, plastic table covering that can be purchased at a dollar store and used as a backdrop behind you. If you are still unable to utilize the virtual background that we provide, sit in front of a blank wall during the interview to minimize distractions.
Try a test with Zoom. We know this may be your first experience with Zoom and you might find the answers you need in the Zoom Help Center. They even may have the technical answers you need in order to ensure your Zoom is set up prior to the interview. It is your responsibility to confirm appropriate connectivity for the interview.
Using a computer or laptop is preferred so that you can utilize the gallery view to see all of the presentations materials and interviewers easily. You’ll also need a camera, speakers, and a microphone. Make arrangements to be in a quiet, well-lit, indoor location where you won’t be interrupted or distracted. If you’re unable to utilize the virtual background we provide, plan to sit in front of a blank wall.
Don’t stress! We’re here to help you. Call or email with any questions.
After Your Interview
Don’t worry, contrary to ADEA AADSAS Interview Flyer, you only need to contact the admissions office if you have any questions. Also, be on the look out for an email invite to another online Q&A session.
We will release admissions decisions on or after Tuesday, December 15, 2020. Please keep your contact information updated on ADEA AADSAS.
Insider Info for Interviewees
Here are some details about what UF College of Dentistry has to offer you.
- Admissions Outreach Ambassadors have prepared a “Day in the Life of a Dental Student Video” to showcase student life at UF College of Dentistry
- “Managing Your Money Video” by Dr. Larry Cook
- Video Tour – Coming Soon
- ADEA AADSAS Interview Do’s and Don’ts Flyer
- Military Scholarships
- D.M.D. Program Highlights
- Cost of Attendance – Coming Soon
- Office of Research – Research Opportunities Brochure & Info Card
- Why UF College of Dentistry?
About City of Gainesville & University of Florida
Here are a few links you might find helpful.