All Acceptances are Conditional
Accepted students have requirements to complete in order to be eligible for enrollment. Some of the conditions include:
- Maintaining high professional standards of conduct
- Continued satisfactory academic achievement
- United States citizenship or United States permanent residency (valid green card)
- Completion of the DAT with a score of 15 or higher in all sections
- Completion of all prerequisite courses
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from a regionally-accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada
- Completion of any degree program (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, or other professional degree programs) in which the accepted student is currently enrolled
- Completion of a criminal background check with results deemed favorable by the College
- Completion of a dean’s certification form with results deemed favorable by the College
- Ongoing full disclosure of any past or future violations of the law or charges of misconduct
- Completion of required immunizations and TB screenings
- Enrollment in the UF student health insurance plan or proof of comparable coverage
- Read, understand, and acknowledge the Technical Standards required for satisfactory completion of dental school at https://admissions.dental.ufl.edu/d-m-d/ufcd-requirements/technical-standards/
Accepted students are required to have earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from a regionally-accredited college or university in the United States or Canada prior to matriculation. Additionally, accepted students are required to complete any degree program (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate, or other professional degree programs) in which they are currently enrolled prior to matriculation.
The following courses are required for enrollment in UF College of Dentistry. All prerequisites must be completed prior to matriculation in August with a letter grade of C or better (no pass/fail credits allowed*) from a regionally-accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
- English: 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours
- Biology: 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- General Chemistry: 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- Organic Chemistry: 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
- Physics (with or without calculus): 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours
The following prerequisites must be upper-level courses (3000-4000 / 300-400 course numbers)
- Microbiology: 3 semester hours or 4 quarter hours (upper-level coursework)
- Biochemistry: 3 semester hours or 4 quarter hours (upper-level coursework)
*AP/IB credit is accepted if an undergraduate institution counted the AP/IB credit toward a degree and it is listed on official undergraduate transcripts as course-specific credit.
For UF Undergraduate Students Only: The University of Florida Academic Advising Center has a list of UF courses for their students that satisfy our prerequisite requirements.
Criminal Background Check
All accepted students are required to complete a background check. Accepted students will be contacted by Certiphi Screening Incorporated via email within a day or two of receiving an offer of admission. The cost of the background check varies from student to student, but is approximately $70. Results of the background check must be deemed favorable by the College.
Dean’s Certification Form
UF College of Dentistry requires the completion of a dean’s certification form which verifies student academic and conduct records. All entering students must submit forms from every institution at which they have earned (or will earn) a degree. Results of the dean’s certification form(s) must be deemed favorable by the College.
Entering students are required to provide proof of the following immunizations prior to enrollment:
- Hepatitis B
- MCV4 (Menactra/Menveo)
- Tuberculosis screening (2 step series) is also required.
Immunizations are a matriculation requirement and have no bearing on the application process. Please wait to discuss your immunization status with an admissions officer once you have accepted an offer of admission and paid the tuition deposit to secure your place in the class.
UF Mandatory Health Insurance Requirement
All DMD students are required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided.
Questions about the requirements, please contact UF Health Compliance Office:
Proof of State Residency
The University of Florida Admissions and Registrar offices manage the process for determining in-state and out-of-state status for tuition purposes for every student at UF. The initial residency classification is determined by the Office of Admissions based upon information provided on the supplemental application. The state of legal residence listed on your AADSAS application has no bearing on the initial residency reclassification. Failure to provide all relevant information and required documentation in the residency section of the admission application could result in a non-Florida or out-of-state resident classification for tuition purposes. In addition, failure to provide any additionally requested documentation or information may also result in a non-Florida classification.
After the completion of the first term at the university, a request for reclassification or change of residency status, known as a residency reclassification, can be made through the Office of the University Registrar. Residency status cannot be evaluated retroactively.