The UF College of Dentistry DMD Interview Session is conducted over 1-2 days. All times are Eastern.
- 10:15 AM Check-in to Zoom
- Staff from the Office of Admissions will welcome you and confirm that your audio and video are working properly with Zoom. Plan to smile for a quick screenshot photo. Please be patient as we are bringing in applicants one at a time.
- 11:00 AM UFCD Presentation by Faculty and Staff
- 12:00 PM Q&A Session with Faculty and Students
- 1:15 PM – 4:30 PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. If your interview is scheduled after 1:30 PM, you are not required to remain in the Zoom session while you wait for your interview. Plan accordingly so that you return to the Zoom session 20 minutes before your interview.
- 8:30AM -12:30 PM Some applicants are scheduled for an admissions committee interview during this time. Plan accordingly so that you join the Zoom session 20 minutes before your interview.
Your Admissions Committee interview is one interview with 3-4 members of the Admissions Committee that will last approximately 20-30 minutes. You will use the same Zoom link for all activities during the Interview Session, and your scheduled activities end at the conclusion of your interview.
Before your Interview
Check your email. A couple days prior to your interview session, we will send the Zoom link to you.
Additionally, we will provide a personalized virtual background for you to use throughout the entire Interview Session. Have the background ready to go before the “Check-in to Zoom” at 10:15 AM. A green screen may be necessary for the virtual background to work with Zoom, depending on your computer and webcam capabilities. Some applicants have found success with an inexpensive green, plastic table covering that can be purchased at a dollar store and used as a backdrop behind you. If you are still unable to utilize the virtual background that we provide, sit in front of a blank wall during the interview to minimize distractions.
Try a Test with Zoom. We understand this may be your first experience with Zoom, and you might find the answers you need in the Getting Started with Zoom Help Center. They may even have the technical answers you need in order to ensure your Zoom is set up prior to the interview. It is your responsibility to confirm appropriate connectivity for the interview.
Don’t stress! We’re here to help you. Call or email with any questions.
Recording is Prohibited
Recording is prohibited. DMD interviews MAY NOT be recorded by either the UF College of Dentistry or by interviewees. Since all parties have not agreed, Florida law prohibits applicants from recording their interview or any associated presentations.
After Your Interview
Don’t worry; contrary to the ADEA AADSAS Interview Flyer, you only need to contact the admissions office if you have any questions. Also, be on the lookout for an email invite to schedule your in-person tour.
We will release admissions decisions no later than Friday, March 3, 2023. Please keep your contact information updated on ADEA AADSAS.